Objective: Explain how and where water is distributed throughout Earth
- Do NOW!
Is water an infinite resource? Why or why not? What is the water crisis? How can this impact the Earth’s (and human’s) future?
Es el agua un recurso infinito? ¿Por qué o por qué no? ¿Qué es la crisis del agua? ¿Cómo puede afectar es (y del humano) el futuro de la Tierra?
- Current Event Pair & Share:
Students were given one of the following articles:
–NASA launches SMAP observatory
–Water Purification: Running Fuel Cells on Bacteria After reading studnets had to complete the following:
- Write a short summary of what is happening (5 Sentences minimum)
- Why is this relevant to society?
- What impact could this have?
After reading and writing students then shared with their shoulder partners what they read, then we had a class discussion about each article. To help understand the article on water purification we also watched this video.
- Give instructions on how students will make a pie chart of the water distribution (using the notes from yesterday). Students will cut out their snowflakes (diagram-http://www.almanac.com/content/how-make-paper-snowflakes), and then glue their water distribution pie charts to the center of their snowflakes.