Objective: To make connections between what we have been learning in class about Microbes and Diseases to current events.
- Do NOW!
Write down your Current Event article’s CLAIM and at least one supporting detail.
Anote la afirmación de su artículo Evento actual y al menos un detalle de apoyo.
- Students had 5 minutes to reconvene with their ‘expert’ group to refresh their memory on their article and complete anything not done in class yesterday
- Students then met with their Home group [each member of home group read a different article]. Students shared what they learned and were responsible for writing down all other member’s claims.
- As a group students answered the following journal prompt and wrote it on their paper:Why do scientists study microbes? Use evidence from at least two articles to support your group’s answer.
- Students created a poster with their home group with all member’s claims and the answer to the prompt.
- Each home group presented their poster to the class.
Homework: None 🙂