To determine the factors included when predicting the safety levels of North Carolina’s water supply
Watch Water Pollution Video. Then answer the following:
Why is water quality important? Write one paragraph (5-7 Sentences)
¿Por qué es importante la calidad del agua? Escribe un párrafo
- Students participated in the Watershed Crumple paper activity and answered the Watershed Crumple questions
- Bill Nye: Pollution Solutions
Describe the Factors included when predicting the safety of NC’s water supply
- Water Quality Vocabulary lecture with guided notes (Water Quality Vocabulary worksheet)
Videos during lecture:
Clean Drinking Water
Water Treatment- Omnipressor
- Water Quality Crossword Puzzle (no digital copy- sorry!)
What are some factors that affect water quality? Answer with a minimum of FIVE new vocabulary words. Make sure you DESCRIBE each (not just list them).
Objective: To learn how water gets contaminated and what we can do to help
1.What is the water crisis?
2.Why should we be concerned about the water crisis?
- ¿Qué es la crisis del agua?
- ¿Por qué debemos preocuparnos por la crisis del agua?
- Becoming your Best Self (Capturing Kid’s Hearts Activity)
- Continue watching ‘Last Call at the Oasis’ and fill out a 3-2-1
-2 Things that Surprised you
-1 ‘I Wonder’ Question
Objective: To learn about the deep oceans and the specific adaptions organisms have to survive there
What was one thing that you LIKED about the exam or the review?
What was one thing that you did NOT like?
What is one thing you would like to CHANGE for our next exam or exam review?
Lo que era una cosa que te gusta de el examen o la revisión?
Lo que era una cosa que no te gusta?
¿Qué es una cosa que le gustaría cambiar para nuestro próximo examen o crítica?
- Watch the episode 2 of ‘The Blue Planet’ – The Deep
Students will fill out blue planet the deep video questions
Objective: To assess our knowledge of the hydrosphere
- No Bellwork!
- Hydrosphere Midterm Exam 2016
D.E. Quiz 10 – Oceans & Estuaries
Objective: To review what we have learned so far in our hydrosphere unit
Define the following and put the percentage of water found in that location:
- Ocean Basin
- Surface Water
- Kahoot! Review Game
-Finish hydrosphere midterm study guide
– D.E. Quiz 10 – Oceans & Estuaries
Objective: To summarize the main features of the hydrosphere including properties of water, water distribution, estuaries, and the zones of the ocean.
- Do NOW:Define the following words: Photic Zone, Bioluminescence, Chemosynthetic
- Students will fill out the hydrosphere midterm study guide
- If students finish early they should use the remaining time to get into small groups or pairs and quiz eachother
- Finish Study Guide (If not done in class) and look over it to help study for the Midterm