Objective: To connect the topics that we have learned in class to real world problems that are happening right now
Google Classroom – Hydrosphere current events project
Google Classroom- Spears Directions
- Log into your WCPSS Google Account (link from Wendell website)
- Go to Classroom.google.com
- Click the plus sign (+) in the top right corner
- Join your core class by using the following codes
- Core 1: 4bznzv
- Core 2: efrkbz
- Core 3: 9yj3hsr
- Core 4: 7f65vv
- Read the directions and complete the assignment ‘Hydrosphere Current Events’
- Project due on Tuesday 12/13
Directions: Our Hydrosphere unit is at an end! We have learned A LOT about water.
Your job is to find one reputable current events article about the topics that we have learned this unit.
- You must have a working hyperlink to the online article along with the Article Title, Author, Publication Source, and Date
- You must have a 4-5 sentence SUMMARY about the article.
- Remember that a good summary will have the main idea from the article, and 2 to 3 supporting details.
- You may NOT quote the article (that means you may not copy and paste).
- Articles must be from 2010 or later.
- Wikipedia may not be used.
Choose 5 topics from the list below for your project:
1. Distribution of Water on Earth/Water Shortage
2. Estuaries OR River Basins
3. The Ocean
4. Ice Caps (Hint- I wonder, could global warming be causing the ice caps to melt?)
5. Water Quality (hint- Look for articles about how water is being polluted or contaminated)
7. Water Treatment
DiscoveryEducation.com Quiz on Water Treatment