*NOTE: Mrs. Spears was absent due to professional development*
Objective: To make connections between what we have learned about infectious diseases in class, to current events around the world
- Bellwork:Many parents are choosing to not vaccinate their children, despite overwhelming scientific evidence that vaccines protect the population from devastating diseases. One of the biggest reasons that people choose to not vaccinate come from a fear that vaccines can cause Autism and have other adverse reactions.
Read the infographic provided and answer the following questions on your BELLOWORK paper. When you are done, turn your bellwork into the substitute.
- What were some of the issues with the 1998 study that connected Vaccines to Autism?
- What did all of the studies after Dr. Wakefields’ study prove otherwise?
- What 2 diseases made a comeback because of parents not vaccinating their children?
- A common Anti-Vaccination myth is that not vaccinating your child ONLY affects your child. Why is this not true?
- What are 2 positive effects of vaccines?
- Read the article A Taste For Pork Helped A Deadly Virus Jump To Humans and answer the questions on the A Taste For Pork Helped A Deadly Virus Jump To Humans questions
- DiscoveryEducation.com Quiz 25
- Play outside 🙂