*NOTE: This was done with a Substitute!*
Objective: To explore how biotechnology is being used in today’s society
-What is making global warming accelerate?
-How does cloning/bring back the Woolly Mammoth combat climate change?
-In your opinion; is is a good idea for us to bring back any extinct species? (Hint: think of the havoc that invasive species cause!)
-¿Qué está haciendo acelerar el calentamiento global?
-¿Cómo clonar / traer de vuelta el Mamut Woolly combatir el cambio climático?
-En tu opinión; Es una buena idea para nosotros para traer de vuelta a cualquier especie extinta? (Sugerencia: pensar en el estrago que causan las especies invasoras!)
- Watch Segment from Season 5 Episode 5 of VICE news – Our Bionic Future (second half- start @ 18:30). While watching, answer the following questions:
- Describe 3 different types of Assistive technology you saw at the Bionic Olympics
- What is the end result of the deep brain stimulation that Dr. Rezai performs on the patent with Parkinson’s disease?
- Ian Berkhart is paralyzed. What accident occurred to put him in this condition?
- What did doctors do (surgically) that allows him to have use of his arms?
- Read the Article ‘Man with quadriplegia employs injury bridging technologies to move again – just by thinking’ and answer the questions on Our bionic future worksheet
DiscoveyEducation.com Quiz 25